CITIZENS ROOF CERTIFICATION ~ $50
Citizens Insurance Company now requires a Roof Condition Certification (CIT RCF-1 1108) or proof of a roof replacement upon renewal for older Florida homes, based on the following criteria.
- Homes over 25 year of age having roof surfaces constructed out of asphalt, fiberglass, composition or wood shake shingles.
- Homes over 25 year of age having roof surfaces constructed out of tar and gravel roofing.
- Homes over 50 years old with tile, slate, clay, concrete, or metal roofing.
- Any type of roof installed on mobile homes over 25 years old
WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION ~ $75
Why do You Need This Inspection? The purpose of wind mitigation inspections, is to lower your homeowner's insurance to the correct amount that you should have to pay to insure your house. The information provided in the wind mitigation report informs the insurance carrier of which standard features were employed in the construction, or added after the completion, of your house. The following features qualify for a Windstorm Mitigation insurance discount:
- Roof coverings that meet the 2001 Florida Building Code requirements
- Newly constructed homes that meet the 2001 Florida Building Code requirements,
- Roof sheathing (plywood) that have been installed with large, closely spaced nails,
- Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls,
- Hip (pyramid) shaped roof structure
HOME INSPECTION ~ starting at $375
Our home inspection report will review the condition of the home's heating system, central air conditioning system (temperature permitting), interior plumbing, electrical systems, roof, attic, visible insulation, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, foundation, and visable structure. If a problem or a symptom of a problem is found the home inspector will include a description of the problem in a written report and may recommend further evaluation.
FOUR POINT INSPECTION ~ $100
Insurance companies have become increasingly reluctant to issue Homeowner Insurance Policies on older homes (requiredon all home 30 years old or more).
A “Four Point Inspection” focuses only on four main areas of interest in a home:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- Electrical wiring and panels
- Plumbing connections and fixtures
- The inspection and report describes the condition and age of these elements
State Certified Bldg Contractor CB C058458,State Certified Home Inspector HI2920, InterNACHI Inspector Lic# 11080902,
My Safe Florida Home Contractor State Cer #15007